Re: cmake and Scribus 1.3.5 on Debian testing

On Tuesday 23 September 2008 05:31:14 pm Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 09/23/08 14:59, John Culleton wrote:
> >>
> >> Did you try the scribus-ng package from unstable already? It is
> >> currently at version 1.3.5 + svn20080717, and it is probably
> >> installable on Lenny.
> >>
> >> (If your main purpose is to build scribus yourself, or if you
> >> want an even newer version from SVN, then please ignore this
> >> message; I just want to make sure that you know about the
> >> existence of scribus-ng.)
> >
> > Do I just use:
> > apt-get install scribus-ng?
> >
> > That would be "new" enough for me :<). I can redo it
> > periodically.
>
> Yup...

Unfortunately that got me 1.3.4 which is no longer under development
and is not recommended for use.  In fact it should not be in the
repository.  Perhaps 1.3.5 hasn't been put in the repository yet, or
I am addressing it wrong, or I am addresssing the wrong repository or
something else.  But I would hope that testing would have the most
recent copy of any program.

I continue on with the cmake follies.  I got through the Jpeg, tiff,
png  etc. stumbling blocks but now I am hung up on python.  Here is
the error message:
CMake Error
at /usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:52
(MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find PythonLibs
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindPythonLibs.cmake:86
(FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:451 (FIND_PACKAGE)
I tried loading various libs etc. including one called pythonize but
no joy yet. Suggestions?

--
John Culleton