Re: Playing Dirac with Gstreamer?

2008/9/22 Jack Malmostoso <jackmalmostoso@freesurf.ch>:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:20:05 +0200, Owen Townend wrote:
>
>> Before getting to the video you need to demux the mpeg2 transport
>> stream. Totem is telling you that you don't have the plugin necessary to
>> do this. Try adding the a gstreamer demux plugin such as
>> gstreamer0.10-fluendo-mpegdemux [0]
>
> Thanks Owen,
>
> that worked perfectly. The video is out of sync, but now I'll try
> downloading another one and see where the problem lies.
>
> Maybe I should file a bug and ask for the demuxer to be added as
> dependency?
>
> Thanks again for your help!

Glad to hear it works!

The demuxer is not listed as a dependency as there is nothing
inherently tying the video codec to the container.  In the same way
that mpeg-4 encoded video can end up in mpeg, avi, mkv, etc container
formats so too may dirac encoded video be used elsewhere.  In this
particular case the container was an mpeg2 transport stream (hence the
.ts extension) which is the reason for the use of an mpeg2 demuxer.

Hope this helps,
cheers,
Owen.