Re: Playing Dirac with Gstreamer?

2008/9/21 Jack Malmostoso <jackmalmostoso@freesurf.ch>:
> Hello list,
>
> I wanted to try out some Dirac video so I downloaded one from here:
>
> http://dirac.kw.bbc.co.uk/download/video/maybefinal/
>
> I installed gstreamer0.10-schroedinger and then I tried to play the file
> with totem.
> What I get is:
>
> jack@vasquez:~/Desktop$ totem diracpromo-tr1000.ts
> ** Message: don't know how to handle video/mpegts, systemstream=(boolean)
> true, packetsize=(int)188
> ** Message: Error: A MPEG-2 Transport Stream demuxer plugin is required
> to play this stream, but not installed.
> gstdecodebin.c(845): close_pad_link (): /play/decodebin0:
> No decoder to handle media type 'video/mpegts'
>
> ** Message: Missing plugin: gstreamer|0.10|totem|MPEG-2 Transport Stream
> demuxer|decoder-video/mpegts, systemstream=(boolean)true, packetsize=(int)
> 188 (MPEG-2 Transport Stream demuxer)
> ** Message: Automatic missing codec installation not supported (helper
> script missing)

Before getting to the video you need to demux the mpeg2 transport stream.
Totem is telling you that you don't have the plugin necessary to do this.
Try adding the a gstreamer demux plugin such as
gstreamer0.10-fluendo-mpegdemux [0]

> Gstreamer knows about the plugin though:
>
> jack@vasquez:~/Desktop$ gst-inspect-0.10 | grep -i dirac
> schro:  schroparse: Dirac Parser
> schro:  schrodec: Dirac Decoder
> schro:  schroenc: Dirac Encoder
> typefindfunctions: video/x-dirac: no extensions
>
> What am I doing wrong?
> Debian Sid updated 10 minutes ago.

On a fresh system I get the same error as you, after adding a demux
plugin I then get:

$ totem bbb-tr1000.ts
** Message: don't know how to handle video/x-dirac
** Message: Error: Failed to connect stream: Invalid argument

Which the schroedinger plugin will then handle.

Cheers,
Owen.

Footnotes:
--