Re: Shorewall Firewall with dynamic interfaces

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 11:13:09PM -0700, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> > no /var/lock/subsys/ directory.
> >

> You are right, I don't have that directory either.
>
> > > I did a google search and this is basically a state file written by
> > > shorewall to indicate a successful start up. Should I just create this
> > > file?
> >
> > How did you install shorewall?
> >

> I installed 'shorewall-perl' package from the testing repo. I am
> running Debian Testing.
>
> This looks like a bug. Should I report it?

I don't have shorewall-perl installed so have no knowledge on that.
Why shorewall-perl?

A 'dpkg -L <packagename> shows what files come with a package, but a
package can often create a file when installed or running; I think a
lock file would be in that category.

--
Chris.
======