Re: palm syncing woes

On 09/20/2008 08:01 AM, Neil Watson wrote:
Hello Folks,

The dance I've had to perform with jpilot and my Z22 that involves the
correct order and timing of activating sync on both the Palm and jpilot
is getting frustrating.  It always takes me multiple tries to
successfully sync.

I did some research and found some information that suggest that using
the userspace libusb instead of the visor kernel module would allow a
more reliable sync.  I attempted this but now I cannot sync at all.  Is
pilot-link built against libusb to allow 'usb:' to be listed as the
port?  Is there a good howto somewhere that describes how to make
syncing more reliable?

I've had success using kpilot to backup my Palm T|X. Note, restoration does not seem to work, and generally kpilot is k-crap; however, it's better than nothing.