Re: Adding a dash and then a number

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 12:06:08AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> jmdennis @dslextreme.com wrote:
> > I am using Debian Lenny Beta 2 as well as the sidux updates.  I was
> > wondering why a hypen is added such as kmymoney2 is listed as kmymoney2
> > 0.9-3 instead of the version number that should be used.  Because of
> > this I do not know if I am using 0.9.2 or not.  I just wanted to know
> > how to fix this so I know that I am using the correct version.
>
>     That would be kmymoney 0.9, 3rd version in Debian.  The hyphenation is to
> denote changes in the Debian package.  So if version 0.9 is packaged 30 times
> that package would be 0.9-30.

Also there is normally a way to see the version from the program itself,
either from an "about" entry under one of the menus or if it takes
command line options, something like: kmymoney2 --version

If there is an 0.9.2 version you'd think the Debian version would be
0.9.2-3; could that be considered a bug?

--
Chris.
======