Re: Two computers thrash soon after boot -- how to stop it? -- overtaken by events.

The thrashing problem described below has been overtaken by events.  On
the Lenovo R61 ThinkPad I had installed Lenny using the Lenny beta2
installer.  Subsequent package upgrades solved the main problems.  Those
remaining will be the subject of specific threads.

On the desktop I had installed etch-and-a-half.  The ensuing problems
multiplied to the extent that the computer became unusable except in
single user mode in a virtual terminal.  For the time being I have
abandoned use of this computer.  Sometime after 14 October I will do a
clean Lenny installation on it and see what happens.  Perhaps by then
Lenny will have been declared "stable", a relative term I suppose.

Thanks to Alex Samad and Steve Lamb for your responses.

Regards,

Ken Heard