Re: wpa_supplicant and dhclient

You didn't specify your Debian release, my responses below apply to
lenny and sid, not sure about etch.

On Sat,13.Sep.08, 08:42:55, Urs Thuermann wrote:
> I want to connect an embeded mobile WLAN station to a WLAN network
> with WPA-PSK and DHCP.  In /etc/network/interfaces I have
>
>     auto ath0
>     iface ath0 inet dhcp
>         wpa-driver wext

'wext' is default, no need to specify it

> Therefore, my questions are:
>
> 1. Is it possible to configure ifup so that it goes to backgound
>    immediately so that the boot process isn't delayed?

Try setting 'CONCURRENCY=startpar' in /etc/init.d/rc, but do read the
notes before.

> 2. Can wpa_supplicant and dhclient talk to each other so that dhclient
>    doesn't start to send DHCP requests before the WPA connection is
>    established but then after connection sends its requests in short
>    intervalls?

I think the roaming mode might be better suited for your needs. See
README.Debian for more info.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)