Re: BUSY BOX after boot attempt..

On Wed,10.Sep.08, 14:24:07, Jack Schneider wrote:

> Thanks, Andrei for the response.  Checked out #s and yes they have
> changed.
> So I need some further guidance... "In case of any doubt use labels."
> Any pointers to an appropriate "howto"????       Question 2 What's the
> impact on FSTAB settings?

Here's a (very quick) howto:

* use e2label to create labels for all your partition:

e2label /dev/hdaX root_part

(where 'root_part' is the label for the root partition and /dev/hdaX is
the device name of the root partition. Use whatever naming scheme you
want).

* edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and change the line

# kopt=root=/dev/hda5 ro (other boot options)

# kopt=root=LABEL=root_part ro (other boot options)

* also edit the stanza that you will boot and replace 'root=/dev/hda5'
  with 'root=LABEL=root_part'

* edit /etc/fstab and change all references to the device (/dev/hda5,
  ...) with LABEL={label}

* reboot

* run /usr/sbin/update-grub to regenerate /boot/grub/menu.lst to use the
  label everywhere.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)