OT: SecurDisc Technology on DVD Drives

Hi all,

This is a bit off-topic but I thought this might be a good place to ask.

I am looking to purchase an internal DVD writer (SATA) and have noticed
that some of these drives come with what they call SecurDisc technology.
Their website www.securdisc.net says that it "protects" your data from
unauthorized copying and even allows you to recover data from damaged discs.

What I understand from their website is that one needs Nero 7 or 8 for
that technology to work. I was wondering if (and how) their technology
can affect a Linux user. I rather not choose the drive with that feature
if it hinders anything in Linux. Does anyone know about this technology?

Thanks in advance,
KS.