Re: Accessing mesa's OpenGL 2.1 features

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 15:34 +0100, Tim Day wrote:
> How can I get mesa to provide it's nifty OpenGL 2.0+ features for stuff
> rendering to the screen ?

Aha: cracked it...

The system had set itself up to use the DRI i915 drivers for the
onscreen OpenGL, but doing

aptitude install libgl1-mesa-swx11 libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev
libgl1-mesa-dri-

(and restarting) swaps to use software mesa rendering for X11 OpenGL
apps and they can get at all the yummy 2.0 goodness (GLSL etc). It's not
exactly fast, but it is convenient to be able to do OpenGL 2.0
development on an old lappy.

I hadn't actually appreciated mesa included any HW support at all until
now.

Tim