Re: iPod Nano

2008/8/29 Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de>:
> On 2008-08-29 04:41, Jos Collin wrote:

> I'm a bit surprised that you had to upgrade your lenny to get it done.
>
> It is a real shame, that apple don't deliver it in a workable state, but
> that they make you change some files just to get it work.

I don't know, but I really would like to know!

I've just been given a 2Gb Silver Nano, and although I can copy and
delete files on it (using usb connection and Konqueror in Lenny on AMD
64) I have two problems:

1. A mount point is created every time I plug it in ( /media/IPOD,
/media/IPOD_ , /media/IPOD__ etc.) and even as root I cannot remove
them. Root doesn't have the permissions apparently, although the owner
and group for these.

2. I cannot "see" the file transferred to the stand-alone Ipod, but
Amorok both sees and plays them when it is plugged in.

Can anyone help (I've checked the Debian sites and forums, as well as
the major search engines)?

Terence