Re: Lilo Can't Boot vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-amd64

On 08/29/2008 02:03 PM, Thomas H. George wrote:
dist-upgrade installed vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-amd64, ran mkinitrd and lilo which reported two warnings (mbr on different harddrive, assuming LBA32 addressing) but no fatal problems. Attempted boot to new kernel ended in kernel panic.

I confess the same was true of vmlinuz-2.6.25-2-amd64 so I saveed vmlinuz-2.6.24-1-amd64 which lilo can boot with no problems. I had hoped the problem would go away with the next kernel image upgrade but it hasn't.

Perhaps switching to grub would resolve this problem? If need be I will try to switch but as I have been happy with lilo until now it would be nice to be sure this will resolve the problem.

Tom

Make sure you've specified the initrd correctly. I never gotten an initrd (initial root disk) to work with LILO; however, you may succeed since LILO claims to support this. Perhaps you need to post your lilo.conf so others can help you.