OT: scanner

Hi

I'm about to buy a scanner, which will be used to scan A4 text
documents scattered with the occasional picture here and there. I
plan to convert them afterwards to either pdf or djvu (haven't
decided yet) with good quality settings. This is, I should not be
able to notice font blurring while reading and zooming on the
screen, and printouts should look basically perfect. Pictures are
not critical (mainly graphs and the like), but it's a plus if they
look right.

From the Sane site I know which devices are supported, but...what
technical specifications should I look for?

Thanks