Re: rkhunter on Etch

2008/8/29 Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de>
A careful study of 'harden-doc' (install it
with aptitude) will probably lead to a more secure system than to solely
rely on one piece of software.
Agreed. I'm planning to use some packages from the hardening suite. The problem with rkhunter in Etch is that it relies on a script called hashupd.sh that isn't included in the package, and is not easy to find online. If rkhunter in Etch was a complete version of rkhunter 1.2.9, I wouldn't be asking these questions, but it's not.

Thanks for the advice, though,

Sam