Re: LiveCD's don't work

Kent West wrote:

> I had great difficulty installing Debian on a Dell Optiplex 320; it
> would NOT boot from a USB jumpdrive or a LiveCD; finally had to resort
> to using an external USB hard drive. The whole experience really makes
> me skittish of Dells now.

That is REALLY scary!  I THOUGHT Dell was a safe bet, since they ship an
Inspiron 530 with Ubunto installed!

How did you use the external USB hard drive?  (I've got one).  Can I
copy the liveCD to a partition on that external hard drive somehow, so
that I can boot from there somehow?

Or can I get a minimal linux on a floppy that I can boot from, and which
will have enough stuff on it that I can format a partition on my 2nd
hard drive, and then install lenny either from a CD or over the
internet?

	Mike Fontenot