Re: machine doesnt appear in dhcp leases, resolve issues - part of the mytery solved

Ok, partly cleared: m0n0wall doesn't list machines in leases that have fixed
IPs assigned. The other box recently got a new NIC and the MAC filter didn't
match it hence it got an ordinary dhcp lease and appeared in the list.
Why m0n0wall does this is beyond me.

Anyway - still haven't figured why three debian boxes see each other by
hostname but as soon as kubuntu comes it it's blind. I know, kubuntu issue
most likely but still I'd like to know how debian actually resolves with no
DNS server on the local net around.

Dex

--

http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de