machine doesnt appear in dhcp leases, resolve issues.

Got a etch r4 box (xerxes) and a m0n0wall firewall/router.
Another box (shodan) used to run etch r4, too, now is on Kubuntu/etch dual
boot.

From Kubuntu I can't ping xerxes by name, unknown host. I can ping shodan from
xerxes tho.

In m0n0walls interface in dhcp leases xerxes doesn't appear. shodan does, from
both etch and kubuntu.

m0n0wall itself doesn't act as an DNS server so in the first place I don't
know how the two debian machines resolved their names - if I did I could set
up kubuntu the same but I just can't figure it.

And: why doesn't xerxes appear in the leases list? Am I missing something?
wrong config option in.. well, where?

Riddled,

Dex

--