Re: Install git package on Debian, could not run git

hce wrote:
> Yes, I did run:
>
> $ sudo update-alternatives --config git
>
> There are 2 alternatives which provide `git'.
>
>   Selection    Alternative
> *+        1    /usr/bin/git.transition
>           2    /usr/bin/git-scm
>
> Press enter to keep the default[*], or type selection number: 1
> Using `/usr/bin/git.transition' to provide `git'.
>
> Is that a problem? Which one should I use, git-transition or git-scm?
> Shoud I delete one of them?

I'm assuming you want the 'git' for version control. In this case,
option 2 seems promising: scm is something like Source Code Management.

--
"To take a significant step forward, you must make a series of finite
improvements."

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb