Re: sid browsers considering kernel changelogs as man pages

Martin Ågren a écrit :
2008/8/17 Fabrice Lorrain <Fabrice.Lorrain@free.fr>:
I tried to have a look at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.24

and all the browsers I tested, considered this as a man page and want to
download it instead of just showing it.

The server does indeed tell your browsers that it's a file of type
"application/x-troff-man", so it seems they're doing a reasonable
thing. You could try to persuade kernel.org to report another content
type, such as "text/plain", although there could be more specific
choices that fit. As a temporary fix (that will no doubt break other
sites), you could redefine the treatment of content type
"application/x-troff-man".

Martin

Thanks for the explanation and solutions.
I didn't bother test the server side option yesterday.

@+,
	Fab