Re: starting apache at boot?

On Sunday 17 August 2008 06.24.56 Zach Uram wrote:
> I manually compiled apache2 since the version packaged for Debian is
> the threaded version which causes fatal memory errors on my VPS host

*The* version?
$ aptitude search '^apache2-mpm'
v   apache2-mpm                                              -
p   apache2-mpm-event                                        - Apache HTTP
Server - event driven model
p   apache2-mpm-itk                                          - multiuser MPM
for Apache 2.2
p   apache2-mpm-perchild                                     - Transitional
package - please remove
i   apache2-mpm-prefork                                      - Apache HTTP
Server - traditional non-threaded model
p   apache2-mpm-worker                                       - Apache HTTP
Server - high speed threaded model

The non-threaded version was just an `aptitude install apache2-mpm-prefork`
away.

> and it works great but now I need to tell it to start every time my
> system boots. Running Debian lenny/sid (testing release) with 2.6.18
> Linux kernel. How exactly can I do this?

See /etc/init.d/skeleton for hints.