Re: Pendrive not mounted when another usb device is plugged in

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:

> I have Debian Etch.
>
> In my /etc/fstab there is the following entry:
>
>  /dev/sda        /mnt/sda 	vfat    rw,user,noauto       0       0
>
> , so I normally mount my usb pendrive simply with:
>
>  $ mount /mnt/sda
>
> .  But, now that I have a usb umts modem (Huawei e169), when it is plugged in
> I don't manage to mount the pendrive: the system claims that the medium is
> `not found'.  Then I have to unplug the modem and plug the pendrive in again.
>
> Can anybody suggest a possible cause/remedy?

For some reason, although the umts device is mapped to /dev/ttyUSB0,
/dev/sda comes to be `busy'.  So, if I add in fstab another line:

/dev/sdb        /mnt/sdb 	vfat    rw,user,noauto       0       0

, I can mount the pendrive on /mnt/sdb.

It remains to understand:

1) whay is /dev/sda like `busy' although the modem is mapped to /dev/ttyUSB0?
2) how can I mount it and look inside it?

Bye
Rodolfo