Re: Pendrive not mounted when another usb device is plugged in

Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> I have Debian Etch.
>
> In my /etc/fstab there is the following entry:
>
>  /dev/sda        /mnt/sda 	vfat    rw,user,noauto       0       0
>
> , so I normally mount my usb pendrive simply with:
>
>  $ mount /mnt/sda
>
> .  But, now that I have a usb umts modem (Huawei e169), when it is plugged in
> I don't manage to mount the pendrive: the system claims that the medium is
> `not found'.  Then I have to unplug the modem and plug the pendrive in again.
>
> Can anybody suggest a possible cause/remedy?

I have sometimes seen brand new USB sticks which show this problem. The
solution in that case was to reformat the disks and recreate the file
system. The biggest hint was that I was able to automount other sticks
but not these particular ones.

However, please note that this may not be the problem in your case. Are
you able to automount any other USB sticks?