Re: Pendrive not mounted when another usb device is plugged in

On 08/16/08 16:27, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
[snip]

I have to unmount it as root.  In fstab there is now:

UUID=44F1-7D0C /mnt/sda 	vfat    rw,user,noauto       0       0

Hard-coding sda as the mount point doesn't make any sense. Give it a symbolic name like SOME_THUMB.

, but as a normal user I can only mount the device, not unmount it: to unmount
it I must be root.  Why this?

What error do you get when using the pumount command?

Another thing that is not clear to me is the difference between the `user' and
`users' options of `mount' command.

I'm not sure.

But now I understand why the problem occurs trying to mount the drive when the
umts device is already plugged in: for some reason, although the umts device
is mapped into /dev/ttyUSB0, /dev/sda comes to be busy.  So, if I add in fstab
another line:

/dev/sdb        /mnt/sdb 	vfat    rw,user,noauto       0       0

, I can mount the pendrive on /mnt/sdb.  But now I wish to use the UUID as
normal user.  Suggestions welcome.

What error do you get?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.