Re: Overriding font names

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 23:51:00 -0400, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
> Is there any way to override 'Times' and 'Helvetica' with fonts of my
> choice when Firefox tries to print 'Times' or 'Helvetica', without
> overriding fonts selections for every site.

It used to be possible to influence Mozilla's font selection with the
font.x11.rejectfontpattern setting:

http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#prefs

I do not know if that still works these days, though. The
userContent.css style file can also be used to override the settings of
web pages (see the same page).

> I have a stupid site that
> has hard-coded Helvetica as the font name, which means it prints
> horribly.

Does that mean that you do not like the looks of Helvetica and Times, or
do you have a technical problem with the print quality of these two
fonts?

> Also, is there a way to override font selections for a specific site
> rather than globally?

There are add-ons for iceweasel that allow you to automatically rewrite
web pages before display, or you can use a filtering proxy, for example
privoxy.

> Please CC me; I am not subscribed to the list.

          Florian   |