help me to solve this problem ......

Iam haridas from kerala...

Iam using Debian 4.0 etch as my OS.

My problem is,  installing new packages from the  package manager was repeatedly caught by an error

  " dpkg: syntax error :unknown group 'fuse' in stateoverride file
   RESULT=2 "

This problem was found after installing the ntfs-3g package for mounting ntfs partitions.

If  using Synaptic package manger to install new package, until inserting corrosponding bynary DVD into the drive no problem,after that popup a error window with

"dpkg: error ......."

I want to fix this bug with out reinstalling the Debian 4.0 etch . So  i request you to hlep me to solve this problem.