Re: new problem with sound

hi,

Bad idea. After that sound is no longer acquired by the on-board Intel device. Sound input failed on the USB device months ago. I've tried 3 different microphones; unlikely that all have failed. The devices appear OK in Skype but there is no reply from the echo test.
is that a card using snd-intel-hda? i've had the problems with a microphone on intel hda card since i got the computer... many people have the same problem, as can be seen on internet, but none of the solutions suggested worked for me...

Does anyone recognize these symptoms?  Any ideas?
personally, i've given up.

best,

--
Lubos _@_"