Re: Aptitude hangs machine

--- On Thu, 8/14/08, Ken Heard <ken@heard.name> wrote:
<snip>

> Because of this lack of success, I am unable to upgrade or
> install any
> packages in this laptop.  Is there a way to get out of this
> catch-22
> situation, and consequently upgrade tzdata successfully,
> and upgrade and
> install other packages?
>
> Ken Heard

few options, though i have rarely had aptitude misbehave that badly on me, try running aptitude with the -f option, see if problem exists running the updates through apt-get, comment out the debian volitile line and do the rest of your installing (at least you can get the rest of your system set up.

jwlockhart

Registered Linux User #458799
this user is penguin powered