Re: X11 Server on an 64 bit Alpha Processor such as a 4000 Series Dec/Compaq/HP Server

On 08/13/08 21:10, Robert Garron wrote:
It has been written that if I cannot locate a specific package to report
a bug that I should write this mail list for advice....

So the issue is, I have a number of Alpha Servers (4000/4100 Class)
which I have loaded with different Video Cards (all recommended by Xorg
and other X11 advocates ) which all worked under FreeX11 (if I have the
[snip]

Since these are *servers*, why do you want to do use them as graphics stations? You are right to use X11's network transparency to run your apps on the AlphaServers, but display them on your PC.

IOW, let each system do what it does best.

Sincerely,
Ron
--
Ron Johnson, Jr.