Re: Help...I hosed my system trying to apt-get dist-upgrade

2008/8/13 Mark Phillips <mark@phillipsmarketing.biz>:
> I have a Debian testing system and I ran apt-get update and apt-get
>
> dist-upgrade. I now have this problem with python and all packages that
>
> depend on python - they cannot be installed (see rhytmbox example
>
> below).
>

> Setting up python (2.5.2-1) ...
>
> running python rtupdate hooks for python2.5...
>
> INFO: using old version '/usr/bin/python2.3'
>
> file does not exist: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/_spe/plugins/kiki
>
> file does not
>
> exist: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/_spe/plugins/wxGlade

Have you tried touching these files to make them "exist" to see if
anything more can be gleaned from the install errors. Sometimes I have
had success with this method.

If it is only wanting to see if the files exist then you might get
somewhere but the following line about "byte compiling files" suggests
that it may want to actually use the files at those locations, so you
may or may not have some success using this method.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.