RE: Help...I hosed my system trying to apt-get dist-upgrade SOLVED

I think I solved the problem. The files were missing, but also found.

This is what I found:

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/_spe/plugins/kiki ->
/usr/share/pycentral/spe/site-packages/_spe/plugins/kiki ->
../../../../kiki/site-packages/kiki

However, there was no ../../../../kiki/site-packages/kiki. However, I
did find the following:

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kiki/

so I setup
/usr/share/pycentral/spe/site-packages/_spe/plugins/kiki ->
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kiki/

(replaced the sym link to ../../../../kiki/site-packages/kiki with
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kiki/)

The same was true for wxGlade, although it is called wxglade in
python2.5.

After making those two sym links, dpkg --configure -a completed without
any errors.

I just ran an apt-get update and an apt-get upgrade with no errors.

So, I think I am out of the woods.

Thanks for your ideas that pushed me to look in the right direction.

Mark