Re: home network problem - router is smarter than me
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: home network problem - router is smarter than me
- From: tyler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 20:33:29 -0300
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080810113032.GE6212@think.homelan>
Andrei Popescu <email@example.com> writes:
> On Thu,07.Aug.08, 11:13:56, tyler wrote:
>> My router is a Siemens Speedstream 6520 and I'm running Lenny on both
>> machines. Access to the internet is fine for both machines. When my wife
>> connects to the same router via wireless from her laptop (running XP) it
>> shows up on the router page, and both the hostname and domainname are
>> correctly identified.
> If your router knows DNS then it might be enough to enable the
> 'send host-name' directive in /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf (with the correct
> value of course).
Well, that got the router to recognize the hostname, but not the
domainname. I'll look into the dhcp documentation and see if I can sort
out the rest.
Thanks for the pointer!