Re: VGA modes for the supported resolutions

Andrei, Richard & others,

At Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:02:51 +0300 Andrei Popescu wrote,
ap> That's a shot in the dark, but try booting with vga=788

Thanks.  I have a little progress.

On the Toshiba 4000 CDS this weekend,
"vga=788" gives a display.

Also I found that a vga/vesa number which
is faulty, will prompt grub or the kernel
to display a list of configurations and
wait for a choice.

When the system prompt appears I can again try

qemu -m 40 -boot d -cdrom /home/peter/AosCD.iso

Some text from qemu flashes briefly on the
screen and then it grinds to a halt with
this message.

Could not open '/dev/kqemu' - QEMU acceleration layer not activated: No such file or directory
Could not open SDL display

I've installed the kqemu packages yet
/dev/kqemu is absent.

What is the problem with kqemu?