Re: [Debian-User] Debian + non ose virtualBox

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 1:20 AM, Nyizsnyik Ferenc <nyizsa@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 20:06:20 -0600
> "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I installed the non ose virtualBox, and I got a XP image running under
>> it with bridged ethernet.  However I haven't been able to get USB
>> working on the guest, neither shared folders...
>>
>> I've searched with google, and found several suggestions (often about
>> the permissions of the usbfs devices), and I tried almost everything
>> unsuccessfully (most suggestions for ubuntu btw), + I also read the
>> user Manual.  Is there a debian guide to get USB and share directory
>> working...
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Have you installed Virtualbox Guest Additions in the guest OS (win xp)?
>
> --
> Nyizsa.

Yes I did.  I can see in the devices tab of virtualbox the usb
devices, but they're always grayed...  I also included filters
(automatically picked BTW by virtualbox), but that doesn't help a
thing.  And for the shared folders, I see in the shared folders tab as
well the directory, but when I go in the guest to the network places,
and go into VirtualBox shared folders, there's nothing...  I'm not
sure if there's something that needs explicetely to be done, but if
there is, I just can't find it, :(...

Thanks,

--
Javier