Re: Aptitude oddity

On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 16:41:40 -0700, Daniel Burrows (dburrows@debian.org) wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 10:56:22AM -0700, Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> was heard to say:
> >   No, it'll spew large amounts of debugging information to your
> > terminal which you can then paste into a mail to me. :-)
>
>   Aha.  The aptitude resolver isn't touching those packages at all, but
> think maybe I see what *is* happening.  The code that I wrote to use the
> apt resolver as a fallback option is accidentally resetting every hold
> state in the database.  Does this patch help?

[snip patch]

Sorry Daniel, but this is way out of my depth.  I'm happy to learn, but
I really do not know what to do with your patch file.

So long as I am careful when I (rarely) attempt to upgrade more than once
every few days then it should not be a problem.

Bob

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.