Aptitude oddity

I have some packages on hold for a while and they have remained on hold
during several safe-upgrades.  Now, all of a sudden, aptitude wants to
upgrade two of them.

trantor:/home/bob# aptitude search ~ahold
ih  iceweasel                - lightweight web browser based on Mozilla
ih  iceweasel-l10n-en-gb     - English (Great Britain) language package for Iceweasel
ihA linux-image-2.6-686      - Linux 2.6 image on PPro/Celeron/PII/PIII/P4

trantor:/home/bob# aptitude safe-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
  cupsys-driver-gutenprint libneon25
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libmyspell3c2{u}
  iceweasel iceweasel-l10n-en-gb
2 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/1268kB of archives. After unpacking 23.5MB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

Does this look like a bug or am I missing something obvious?

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.