Re: Benefits (and risks) of using Sid

Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> Displeasure?  Synaptic is brain dead simple, what's not to like?

Perhaps exactly that. Simplicity sometimes means that advanced features
are not available, or that you have to dig deep to be able to reach them.

I cannot say if this is the case with Synaptic, though.

Regarding aptitude, its interface may have the easiest learning curve
there is, but it certainly is very powerful. When I started using it, it
was the only package manager that automatically erased unused packages,
so I forced myself to use it.

Don't suspect your friends -- turn them in!
		-- "Brazil"