Moving RAID1 From Sarge to Etch -- Confirmation

I had a system drive go bad and it'll be just as easy to install Etch on
it rather than rebuild it  (currently it's Sarge).  I have read the
issues in UPGRADING from Sarge to Etch.  I just want some clarification
so I don't do something messy.  If I wipe Sarge and install Etch, and I
still have the same RAID1 on that computer, then I should deal with
making that RAID1 work under the newly installed Etch the same way as
with Sarge, using the same instructions.

Am I right on this?  I'd rather be sure before having to restore a huge
data drive!

Thanks!

Hal