Re: [SOLVED] safe bet: nobody knows this
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
I have a script to install Sid from scratch to get me a system that has
everything I want, and I run that with a local Sid mirror.
Ran it yesterday and the new partition is half the size of the old one:
goes to show you the junk one collects.
One problem: hyperlatex does not run. It gets an error:
Hyperlatex ERROR: Unknown command: HlxLeavePar
Hint: Try running Latex, it may give a better error message.
Everybody got a failing grade. Again... This is what you do in this case:
1. Install the source package to build it. That at least gets you access
to what is failing, because you have nothing else to investigate.
2. I did that and the apt-get build-dep pulled in *50* packages to a
whopping *237MB* - took 12 hrs on my dialup. Space usage of my 8GB
partition jumped 9%!
3. Installed 'apt-get source hyperlatex' and ran 'dpkg-buildpackage -uc
4. Noticed that it correctly ran hyperlatex in compiling the manual!
5. Installed the resulting .deb and voilá!
Apparently not installing *tetex-extra* is not a good idea.
I could have re-installed the existing .deb after the install of
tetex-extra, but did not try that.
Why do I need Vietnamese language support? Oh, forget it.