Re: 2.6.24-4 kernel not booting

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 06:36:18PM -0400, Michael Habashy wrote:
> i appriciate your help.
> i am not new to linux but i am new to lvm and raid and recovery.
> if you give  me some simple steps, i can follow.
> i would really like the help because my main ssystem is down.
> please provide step by step proceedure..to ensure that i get my system
> up and running.
> can you point me to a how-to or something ??

well, there is not a specific procedure because we don't really know
what went wrong.  The lack of network support could prove to be a
problem.

Again, though, do you have another kernel to boot into? Do you get the
menu from grub that allows you to select different systems to boot? If
so, the immediate solution is to boot into an older kernel. Please let
us know if you can do that.

Also, from within grub, you can edit the

if you can't, then you'll need to chroot into the system from the
rescue cd. to do this, first make a directory to mount your system
to. I'll call it /mnt/target. Then mount your system there.

Once it's mounted, type this command

chroot /mnt/target

that will put you into a shell within the system. Take a look around
and see what you can see. Look in /boot to see if you have additional kernels