Re: lynx upgrade issue?

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 08:00:21PM +0200, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
> # local overides for lynx-cur configuration
> STARTFILE:http://www.debian.org/
> NNTPSERVER:cis.dfn
>
> 	there's nothing in there about color_style. in fact, the only
> thing in the entire directory about color_style is in
> /etc/lynx-cur/lynx.cfg.dpkg-dist, whatever that is. & it's already
> commented out:
>
> #COLOR_STYLE: lynx.lss

The commented-out values correspond (or should...) to the default values
compiled into lynx.

> 	so anyway, taking the Logical Next Step, i added this to
> /etc/lynx-cur/local.cfg:
>
> COLOR_STYLE: ~/.lynx/colors

The data in the COLOR_STYLE file is organized differently from lynx.cfg

> 	...& lynx still totally ignores it. :( i hate the new colors, i
> can't get them to do exactly what old lynx did, & it's making me crazy.
> any other suggestions?

The "oldlynx" script (which may be part of the package) suppresses the
color-style file, which makes it look very close to the old version.

For reference (the script):

#!/bin/sh
# invoke lynx built with color-style, overriding the color options to use the
# non-color-style scheme -TD

my_cfg=${TMPDIR:-/tmp}/lynxcfg$$
trap "rm -f $my_cfg" 0 1 2 5 15

rm -f "$my_cfg"