Re: How to restore the default top panel in xfce4

I couldn't find the ~/.xfce4, Is it the one xfce4-session.rc file under /etc/xdg/xfce4-session?

Cleaning up all the old settings is the last step I want to do. Hope there can be another way to fix this problem.

Thanks again
M.

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Shachar Or <dawnlight@lavabit.com> wrote:
On Saturday 02 August 2008 19:54, Michael Yang wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm meeting a problem on xfce4 panel after I did a full package upgrade (no
> dist-upgrade), debian lenny/sid 2.6.24-1, xfce4.4-2, xfce4-panel 4.4.-2-6.
>
> My default top panel with the task list, workspaces was becoming bigger
> after the upgrade, and I couldn't get it back to normal by modifying the
> properties of the panel. So I removed the panel, and tried to add a new
> panel. But there is no option for the newly added panel to be placed at the
> top of screen. I have to get the previously removed panel back because I
> want one panel be on top of the screen.
>
> Does any one know how to do that?

You can probably delete your ~/.xfce4 directory or file or whatever name it
has so on the next xfce startup you'd have new settings. Be aware that this
will remove all xfce settings, not just the panel thing.

--
Shachar Or | שחר אור
http://ox.freeallweb.org/