Re: Installing Deluge

On 08/02/08 13:02, David Rodriguez wrote:
Hello Debian Team -

I'm trying to install Deluge on my Ubuntu 8.04, i86. I don't understand how to add Deluge to my sources.list. I was hoping you can send me instructions on how to. Thanks.

"Deluge" the BitTorrent client?  It's already in the Debian repository.

$ apt-cache policy deluge-torrent
deluge-torrent:
  Installed: 0.5.9.3-1
  Candidate: 0.5.9.3-1
  Version table:
 *** 0.5.9.3-1 0
        500 ftp://mirrors.kernel.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

But that isn't very relevant to you, since Ubuntu binary packages aren't necessarily compatible with Debian.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Scientists are people, too.  IOW, they also "crave power, money,
respect, and influence, and they also fear for their jobs. Each
can be a healthy motivator, but each has the ability to turn a
good scientist into a bad one; and in some cases, they can turn
a good scientist into a charlatan."
http://thefutureofthings.com/book/3/the-bomb-that-never-was.html