wireless LAN problems with recent kernels

Hi,

I'm using a RaLink RT2500 (PCI) wireless NIC.  It works without problems
with a 2.6.20.1 kernel and the rt2500 drivers.

I did try to update to the Debian 2.6.25 kernel, but there the WLAN
connection makes problems: Sometimes the connection just drops.
dmesg shows this message:

    wlan0: No ProbeResp from current AP 00:13:49:d7:ab:7c
        - assume out of range

The connection is not reestablished automatically, only when I run e.g.
`iwconfig wlan0 essid MyESSID'.  This reconnection also fails sometimes
with the following message showing up in dmesg:

    wlan0: authentication with AP 00:13:49:d7:ab:7c timed out

I admit having sometimes connection problems running the older kernel as
well, but the network works again after a few moments (and without any
manual intervention).  The link quality given by iwconfig is around
50/100, though it sometimes goes down to 30.  Anyway the situation is
much worse with the newer kernel version.

A forum post [1] suggested increasing IEEE80211_MONITORING_INTERVAL in the
kernel sources, but this didn't help much:  The messages do no longer
appear, but the connection is still flaky.

Regards,
Ansgar

[1] http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2081&p=29255

--
PGP: 1024D/595FAD19  739E 2D09 0969 BEA9 9797  B055 DDB0 2FF7 595F AD19