Re: 64 bit Dual-Core Moron

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Jeff Soules wrote:

> >> What do you mean by "up to par"?
> > http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/up+to+par
>
> I would venture to guess that we understand the expression, but just
> don't know what you're talking about.
>
> What specifically about the chip did you want to test?  That it's
> operating at the advertised clock speed, that it's computing
> successfully, that it is in fact 64-bit...?

I'd like to put the computer as a whole under a stress test, performance
test. I can look at the /etc/dmesg and see that the CPS's are up and
running and what the BogoMIPS are (5630.82 on this machine) but this tells
me nothing about how it is going to be when its put into service under
heavy load.

So I'm hoping that there is a Debian program that I can grab, and put this
server into all kinds of test. To make sure both processors are doing what
they should be doing and are they doing it at the same time. To check out
disk reads and writes and what type of speed and transfer rates we have
... to check it out.

Thanks,

Ken