Re: how to avoid cheking md5sum ?

abdelkader belahcene wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I want to install flashplugin, Ther is an error on md5sum,   I want
> to skip it, I mean not check it.
> I used the --force-all, but it failed
>

> debian225:/home/bela/Desktop# dpkg --force-all    -i
> flashplugin-nonfree_9.0.48.0.0ubuntu1~7.04.1_i386.deb
> Download done.
>
> md5sum mismatch install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz
>
> The Flash plugin is NOT installed.

If the md5sum does not match, it means that there is a problem in the
archive: the files are not what they are supposed to be. This could mean
the download went corrupt, or that someone is doing something nasty.
Even if it is just a problem in the download, a single byte changed, if
it is in a library or executable, can render the program useless and/or
crash your system. That means you definitively should not try installing
the program. Try downloading it again.

Also, I see you are trying to install a Ubuntu package. If your system
is Debian, mixing packages from Ubuntu is not a very good idea.

--
So this is what it feels like to be potato salad

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb