Re: what's the best IDE for C programming in Debian?

Le jeudi 31 juillet 2008, Stackpole, Chris a écrit :

[SNIP]

> For medium projects I use Gedit. It will probably be listed in the
> menu as "Text Editor". Now let me clarify that by default, it isn't
> worth much as anything but a simple text editor with tabs. However,
> install the gedit-plugins and it becomes quite the tool. Multiple
> tabs, syntax highlighting for many languages, and a built in bash
> prompt (handy for compiling/running without switching to multiple
> windows/desktops) are just a few of the things I like about it. BTW,
> I define medium as 'All of the files I need are open on visible tabs
> without the need to scroll through them'. So in other words 6-10ish
> files.

kate has the same feature and also auto-completion, auto-indent and so
on. You can work on distant file via fish:// protocol like in all KDE
apps. But after choosing between gedit and kate is a matter of choice /
taste so no troll, both are good.

[SNIP]

--
Thomas Preud'homme