error messages from apt-get

I have a good working knowledge of BASH, Linux tools, system calls,
and something about internals.  I'm trying to learn networking by
building an internet server, using the O'Reilly cookbook "Linux System
Administration" (Adelstein).  I'm new to Debian, and the book is kind
of light on explanation, and not everything goes as advertised.

I installed Debian GNU/Linux 4.9 r3 _Etch_ Official (from debian-40r3-
i386-netinst.iso)

Then, I did this:

# apt-get install wget bzip2 rdate fetchmail libdb3++-dev \
unzip zip ncftp xlispstate libarchive-zip-perl \
zlib1g-dev libpopt-dev nmap openssl lynx fileutils

Here's the output:

Reading package lists...Done
Building dependence tree...Done
wget is already the newest version
Package xlispstat is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is
only available from another source.
E: Package xlispstat has no installation candidate

It appears that I have to download xlispstat before I can download any
of the other packages.  Where should look for xlispstat (since it's
apparently not available at the network mirror ftp.us.debian.org that
I chose when I configured Debian.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Vwaju
New York City