Re: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 - US - Debian mirror?

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:10:20 -0700
"Lubos Rendek" <linuksos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm just wondering what is the reason that Debian US mirror is running
> on Microsoft-IIS/6.0? Or at least this is what my browser shows when I
> go to: http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/
> --
> lubo
> http://www.linuxconfig.org/

It probably means someone is using mod_security to tweak the server
signature to show something else. We do that at work by default on all
of our servers just to keep the bad guys guessing.

That has come back to bite us in the ass occasionally. Try installing
YaBB2 on an apache server showing IIS as the signature sometime.