Re: [OT] Turion 64X2 desktop?

On 07/29/08 15:01, Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On 07/27/08 05:47, Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
Is anyone running such a beast?  I've seen reviews of mobo/CPU
combos, but they are old Socket 754 systems.

TIA
I am.
What mobo and which specific CPU?

AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56

What info for motherboard you need? Some command's output?
I don't know the model or company - it's laptop.

Ah, no, I'm specifically looking for a desktop mobo. With a strong preference for one with PCIe slots which I can add a video card to.

The goal is a low-power (thus quiet) desktop for my kids that does well at 3D and video playback (i.e., xv support). I'm thinking something passively cooled in the NVIDIA 7300 range. The desktop form factor would also allow for cheaper RAM and 3.5" hard optical drives.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"Kittens give Morbo gas.  In lighter news, the city of New New
York is doomed."